Thursday, August 6, 2015

Meet my new typewriter: Silver Reed

I found this lovely yellow portable typewriter at a flea market in Berlin. I wasn't sure if it would fit in the basket of my newly acquired used bike. I wasn't even sure how I was going to bring it back all the way to U.S. either. But I fell in love at first sight. So, I bought it. The typewriter fit perfectly in the basket of my bike. Once I got back to my place, I set out to type.

I typed every morning. It was a fun ritual. I typed what I did for exercise in red, and what I consumed in black for every single day during my stay in Berlin.

I brought it back to the U.S. in my suitcase. It's a portable typewriter after all - nice and "light."

I did a quick research on this typewriter, and found out that Silver Reed typewriters were made in Japan! The company is called Marukoshi Knitting Machines Ltd, founded in the early 1950s. They still make knitting machines. The font is called techno pica font.







No comments:

Post a Comment