Sunday, January 15, 2012

BLUE: Installation in progress – 2: Raindrop Jewel

After completing “Division Switch,” I continued working with Elmer’s poster tack, but with lights. I wanted to make more of these blue droplets and put them on the blue walls and see what happens.

“Raindrop Jewel” was the first one of these pieces. Working with lights, Elmer’s poster tack droplets on the wall glow and become almost like jewels. Such a cheap material with such a low tech, and I’m already seeing jewels out of these things? Maybe I was just too tired.

I needed another two walls painted in the same blue for more pieces. Luckily, my friend came and painted the walls for me before the end of the year. So, I was able to move onto the next piece after the New Year’s. There's no time to waste.

While my friend was painting the walls, I worked on “Raindrop Jewel” but also went back to work on “Division Switch” to add more dots to cover the flaws on the wall, such as holes for hanging the brochure case. I think I succeed―no more visible holes or flaws on the wall now.




Raindrop Jewel
37"x 22"
Elmer's poster tack on painted wall - "Do you see jewels?"






Detail of "Raindrop Jewel": Lovely blue on blue

Decided to cover the flaws on the wall with more dots


Making too many dots makes you want to scream!



2 comments: