Thursday, November 26, 2015

On Thanksgiving - my gratitude and my heroes


Windcall 2015 Fundraiser
On this day, I'm feeling thankful for all the opportunities I've had to keep going as an artist. There were times I felt so beat down and didn't know how to keep it going. Blue Mountain Center has given me time and place to work on healing, rejuvenating, and getting creativity back. I don't know how many times BMC has saved my body and soul. I must also say that I am still an artist because of BMC.

BMC also hosts activists because they understand that activists need time and place to recharge their energy too. I met Ron Davis in 2011 when he was at BMC as a Windcall Institute Fellow. Windcall sends activists to BMC - a gift for these hard working people who fight everyday to make our communities better.


Ron says, "Doing community change work can beat you down. Because community change work is a passion, I kept getting back up..." then he went to BMC. You can read the rest in the story. But please consider donating whatever you can for the Windcall Institute

As Ron says, "Like millions of others all across the planet, we get tired but we never give up." These people are my heroes.



About the Windcall Institute:
The Windcall Institute is dedicated to nurturing transformative and resilient leadership among community and labor organizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment