Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Be Water, My Friend - Catalogue

My catalogues are finally published!


It’s been a long coming since almost a year ago, and now it’s complete and published. Thanks to the generous support from the Pollock-Krasner Foundation, this project was made possible. 

Wenonah Hauter, Founder and Executive Director of Food andWater Watch, wrote a very inspiring essay for the catalogue. Food and Water Watch is a non-profit organization that fights for healthy food and clean water for the world, as well as confronts corporations that put profits before people. Their work continues to inspire me. 

Michele L’Heureux, Director of Beard and Weil Galleries at Wheaton College wrote a thoughtful and insightful essay about my new works, and Andrew Mroczek, Associate Director of Exhibitions at Lesley University College of Art and Design wrote a wonderful Forward for the catalogue. Michele came to my studio to see my work-in-progress and listened to my ideas and plans, and gave me feedback on what I was doing. Her advice was so valuable.

I’m so grateful for Wenonah Hauter, Michele L’Heureux and Andrew Mroczek for writing wonderful, thoughtful and inspiring essays. Many people have helped me with this catalogue along the way. I can’t thank them enough—Henri Cole, Gregg Woolard, Alice Gordon, John Chavers, and Yishay Garbasz, your help meant a lot to me.


My deepest appreciation goes to the Pollock-Krasner Foundation. Without their generous grant, this catalogue would’ve remained just another dream. 


You can order a copy online now.
Please email naoe@naoesuzuki.com if you would like to order multiple copies. 
20% off if you order by the end of 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment